The Deal Branch of the Royal Marines Association
This impressive building on the sea front overlooking the Deal Memorial Bandstand was formerly known as the Queens Head Hotel.
It was purchased in 1909 by a group of former Royal Marines and was known as the Old Comrades Association. They were led by their president and founder Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) C.E.W Hill. In 1946 the building was renamed the Royal Marines Association Club or, as it is better known today, “the RMA”.
Apart from its main objectives, to promote esprit de corps and comradeship among all serving and former Royal Marines, it also concerns itself nationally and locally with supporting the Royal Marines Charity and local organisations.
Trail Directions: Cross the road and walk up the path to the Deal Memorial Bandstand.